<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5529474\x26blogName\x3dDimmy+Karras\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://dimmykarras.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://dimmykarras.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2234159095245132931', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Lap Dances, Alien Attacks, Piglet and Tigger

A few other links I wanted to throw out here...

A.O. Scott's War of the World review concludes with the usual content/rating warning, and he tries getting cute:

War of the Worlds is rated PG-13. Much of the earth's population is wiped out, leaving very little time for sex or bad language.

No sex I can understand, given the time constraints of running for your life, but no swearing? I would be a bleep machine if the space aliens attacked me.

Have I mentioned I've been enjoying Joel Achenbach lately? I would be concerned right about now if I were the guy who did the animated voice of Winnie the Pooh (unless he's already dead, of course).

And finally, some BET Awards fun:

Perhaps even more memorable were Destiny's Child, who ended their rendition of "Cater 2 U" by randomly pulling Terrence Howard("Crash," "Ray," "Hustle & Flow"), Nelly and Magic Johnson onstage for steamy lap dances. While Nelly and Johnson simply sat stunned, Howard played along, fanning himself and staring deeply into Beyoncé's eyes.

"She touched me!" an excited Howard said backstage. "She touched my face! She touched my hair. I'm thrilled. My wife can't be too happy, but baby, she came and got me. ... I tried to say no."

I guess with the group's break-up looming, Destiny's Child is going out with a bang (or at least, a simulated one). Bob Johnson screwed up scheduling the awards against the NBA Draft last night.