<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5529474\x26blogName\x3dDimmy+Karras\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://dimmykarras.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://dimmykarras.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2234159095245132931', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, August 14, 2004

President Bill O'Reilly

A nice profile piece on Bill O'Reilly in Rolling Stone has quite a kicker of an ending:

Some are convinced that TV-pundit success is not enough for O'Reilly. "He has much higher aspirations," says Cullinan. Asked what those might be, Cullinan adds, without irony, "President." He pauses. "If you watch the show, you can see how he's positioning himself against Hillary Clinton. He's setting it up - just like he sets up guests on the show."

Preposterously implausible as this sounds, O'Reilly does not laugh it off. Quite the reverse. "Well, I'm flattered that somebody actually thinks I could handle the job," he says, his voice gone all plummy and pleased. "I have said that The Factor is the last job that I want, and I'm going to be here for a while. Will I rule out politics? No. But I'm certainly not going to seek it. If I wanted to do that, I would have done it already. I've had many, many opportunities, and I've turned them all down. And I think I can do more good, at this point, right where I am."

This is too much to contemplate just now. I recommend the article for a look at how much of an SOB O'Reilly is to his co-workers (via The Hamster).