<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5529474\x26blogName\x3dDimmy+Karras\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://dimmykarras.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://dimmykarras.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2234159095245132931', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Onward and Upward

Today marks a mini-milestone for two reasons. First, I made my first blog posting at this address a year ago today. At the time I was pretty clueless about what I was doing, not that I really know what I'm doing now either. Even so, I have enjoyed wasting lots of time during the past 12 months on my own blog and those of others. I probably know a lot more about the news than a sane person should, and my views and interests have been evolving as a result of the sites I've had the chance to read.

Blogging has also been a novel way to kill time at work when I'm tethered to a computer, though the second milestone today is that I'm leaving my current job. It's a contract that is up June 30, and I've been planning to depart today all along, so no worries. I will be taking July off to travel a little bit, move, and volunteer when the Democratic convention comes to town in four weeks. After that, I begin my next adventure, vague details of which I may explain here at a later time. This all means that there may be a few disruptions in my posting during the month of July. I'll still try to post and read lots of blogs when I can, and I plan on keeping the blog going in some form for the foreseeable future.

Thanks to everyone who has had something to do with my pleasant blog experience so far. Here's to an even better future.